Art Committee and Process
The Art Committee is co-chaired by
(National Center for Afro-American Art, and the MFA) and
(Director of the Boston Art Commission). Other Art Committee members are:
Terry, MLK Scholar, Professor, Harvard University
- Cher Krause Knight,
Public Art Scholar, Professor of Art History, Emerson College
- Danielle Legros Georges,
Boston Poet Laureate, Professor, Lesley University
- Ekua Holmes,
Boston Art Commission, and the Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- L'Merchie Frazier,
Director of Education, Museum of African American History
Process and Timeline
- Informational Webinar
on artist application process, Monday,
February 5th, 2018, 7-8pm ET.
- RFQ Deadline, Wednesday, February 28, 2018, midnight ET.
- May 2018 -- Announcement of Five Finalists
- May - August 2018 -- Artist Research and Proposal Development
- September - October 2018 -- Interviews, presentations, proposal
exhibition, and public comment
- November 2018 - Announcement of final artist
Questions or suggestions for the Art Committee?