Art Committee and Process
Please read our
for Qualification call to artists to submit their portfolios and
interest in designing our memorial. We will give artists until
February 28, 2018 to send in their applications.
The Art Committee is co-chaired by
(National Center for Afro-American Art, and the MFA) and
(Director of the Boston Art Commission). Other Art Committee members are:
Terry, MLK Scholar, Professor, Harvard University
- Cher Krause Knight,
Public Art Scholar, Professor of Art History, Emerson College
- Danielle Legros Georges,
Boston Poet Laureate, Professor, Lesley University
- Ekua Holmes,
Boston Art Commission, and the Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- L'Merchie Frazier,
Director of Education, Museum of African American History
Process and Timeline
- Informational Webinar
on artist application process, Monday,
February 5th, 2018, 7-8pm ET.
- RFQ Deadline, Wednesday, February 28, 2018, midnight ET.
- May 2018 -- Announcement of Five Finalists
- May - August 2018 -- Artist Research and Proposal Development
- September - October 2018 -- Interviews, presentations, proposal
exhibition, and public comment
- November 2018 - Announcement of final artist
Questions or suggestions for the Art Committee?